Friday 6 December 2013

jump forward two and a half years

WELL as I was saying earlier about same old same old...don't bank on it.
 jump forward from then to now and the world has changed, including Sheltie's home, my home  my marriage  ended.,my daughters and everything. Actually Sheltie is the only constant apart from work .
I have a beautiful collie again, Mollie now two years old.
I have a tiny little house where she and I live now, and Sheltie has gone free range on land with three mini shetlands, living out and being a proper pony.  I am able to access lovely safe bridle paths  and old trails for walking him and his education has gone on in leaps and bounds since moving him' in spring this year.
so after that human interest lets get onto the main man - SHELTIE  yay.
 Now he has been out almost daily from spring to Autumn, long reining and lead walking on various routes from his new home. He has carried children with and without a saddle for walks of up to an hour and a half, letting them swap over along the walks. He has discovered that he likes ice lollies at the rest point  at the halfway point. He has been to visit the Jill at the greengrocers in Greenfield, where he originally came from  so she could see what a handsome boy he has become. Mollie can walk with him and so I can walk both at the same time  how nice is that. and if Sheltie slows down and I say gee up or walk on, the collie takes it upon herself to bark at his heels and encourage him.
I  took my Sunday school children and some students from my work to  one night camps on a local farm and so that clever little pony had up to half a dozen kids fussing and petting and riding him  without a problem by the summer. he came to the campsite and  enjoyed a chomp on the rich grass there as where he now lives is shetland pony quality grazing so no danger of laminitis and no need to be shut in for 16 hours a day etc. though the couple of years of fancy living helped him mature, he is seven now and really ready for the next challenge.
One little girl has ridden him along side me at  trot and he was beautiful, she posted correctly and he arched his little neck and stepped out on the way up the hill to his farm, I have not let him trot with kids on at all since the day he bucked one off a couple of years ago, didn't want to excite him but now we can work at trot too.  He is not likely to be ridden loose by a child but to have him walking close by is enough for now.
AND THAT IS ENOUGH UPDATE FOR NOW  TOO MANY WORDS AND NOT A PICTURE TO ADD TONIGHT COS NEW PHONE NEW LAPTOP BUT WILL GET ORGANISED SOON .


No comments:

Post a Comment